[R-sig-Geo] scatter.enfa tip (adehabitat)

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Fri Sep 3 02:22:55 CEST 2010

Dear Consuelo,

If the labels overlap a lot, you won't manage to do anything with it
from R. You can play, as you tried, with the different parameters, or
even build your plot step by step, but my best advice would be to use
the package Cairo, and especially CairoSVG, to export it to svg, and
then edit from Inkscape.

 From the example of scatter.enfa :

library(Cairo)
data(lynxjura)

map <- lynxjura$map

## We keep only "wild" indices.
tmp <- lynxjura$locs[,4]!="D"
locs <- lynxjura$locs[tmp, c("X","Y")]

## We perform a square root transformation
## of the variable to normalize it
map[,4] <- sqrt(map[,4])

## We perform the ENFA
tmp <- data2enfa(map, locs[tmp, c("X","Y")])
(enfa1 <- enfa(dudi.pca(tmp$tab, scannf=FALSE),
                tmp$pr, scannf = FALSE))
CairoSVG()
scatter(enfa1)
dev.off()

And then check for the svg file in your working directory.

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.

Le 02/09/2010 19:12, Consuelo Hermosilla a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> I just need a quick tip... I'm using the function scatter.enfa to plot my
> results, but I have a problem with the labels of the biplot arrows (the
> boxes). Two of them overlap... I've been trying to changing the size of the
> labels (trying cex.lab, cex.labels), the font of the labels (using font.lab,
> font.labels), trying to change the position of the labels (using pos =c()),
> but nothing seems to work... is there a way to change the position of the
> labels? or, do you have any other idea?
> Thanks!!!
>
> Consuelo
>
> -------------
> Consuelo Hermosilla
> PhD student
> Departamento de Ecología y Biología Animal
> Departamento de Bioquímica, Genética e Inmunología, Área de Genética
> Facultad de Ciencias del Mar
> Campus de As Lagoas-Marcosende
> Universidad de Vigo
> 36310 Vigo
> SPAIN
> Mobile: +34 692 633 298
>
> oooO
> (     ) Oooo
>      (   (     )
>     _)    )  /
>           (_/
>
> Stop Gaza Massacre
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.