[R-sig-Geo] convert from spatstat to sp

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Oct 29 22:36:51 CEST 2010

There is; if your question is about converting an object of class im
(spatstat) to an object of class SpatialGridDataFrame (sp), it is in
package maptools:

library(spatstat)
whitenoise <- im(matrix(rnorm(1200),30,40))
library(maptools)
x = as(as(whitenoise, "SpatialGridDataFrame"), "SpatialPixelsDataFrame")

if your polygons are in SpatialPolygons object pol, then

sel = overlay(x, pol)
x.sel = x[!is.na(sel),]
spplot(x.sel)

should get you there.