[R-sig-Geo] fix color scale

Matthew Landis landis at isciences.com
Fri Oct 29 17:12:14 CEST 2010

Peter,
is it more complicated than simply specifying the colors and breaks?

e.g.
zbreaks <- c(seq(-100, 100, length = 10))  # or any other sequence of breaks
zcol <- heat.colors(length(zbreaks) - 1)    # or any other color
palette, e.g. from colorspace or RColorBrewer

for( i in 1:maps ){
     image(z = maps[i], breaks = zbreaks, col = zcol)  # image needs x
and y too, omitted for simplicity
}

Matt

--