[R-sig-Geo] !SPAM: prediction error variance

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Oct 28 16:42:13 CEST 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Pinar Aslantas Bostan wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I performed gwr() and obtained predictions for 31223 data points. Now I
> want to calculate prediction error variance at each estimation point. Is
> there a function to calculate them or do you have any idea about
> calculating these values?

You need to pass in a fittedGWRobject, and set se.fit, to provide the
estimate of sigma needed to achieve this. The fitted object must have a
hatmatrix, which is not possible with this N, so you will have to
subsample to be able to get the sigma based on effective degrees of
freedom. I don't think that this has been tried, and I'm not sure what it
provides of value, given the uncertainty present about the method.

Hope this helps,

Roger