[R-sig-Geo] KED trend coefficients in Gstat with R

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Tue Oct 26 09:17:26 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 09:02 AM, eric.jabot at ujf-grenoble.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to get the trend coefficents when
> doing kriging with external drift. I would like to compare with the
> coefficients that I can have when doing temperature = f(altitude) for a
> sample of stations.
> Thanks for your answer(s).
>
> Eric

Eric, try

library(gstat)
demo(blue)

shows you one way how to do this. It is a bit tricky, because you're
using prediction equations (that disregard the residual, if BLUE=TRUE)
to get them. But then, in the end if your regression model is

  beta0 * Intercept + beta1 * altitude,

setting Intercept to 0 and altitude to 1 gives you beta1, with its
estimation error.

Another, maybe more direct way could be find by using the mixed models
in package nlme.
--
Edzer Pebesma
http://www.52north.org/geostatistics      e.pebesma at wwu.de