[R-sig-Geo] Creating density heatmaps for geographical data

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 18 22:09:29 CEST 2010

On 19/10/2010, at 12:43 AM, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

	<SNIP>

> 'ppp' objects used by 'spatstat' have an annoying structure

	<SNIP>

Annoyance is in the mind of the beholder I think.  Personally I
find the structure of ppp objects absolutely *delightful*! :-)

Also, they are simple, intuitive, easy to work with, and easy to
understand, take apart, dissect, and manipulate.  Furthermore the
tools in spatstat make it easy to do unto ppp objects pretty well
anything one might want to do to a point pattern.  (I'm not being
immodest here; the tools are mainly down to Adrian.)

Just *what* do you find ``annoying'' about the structure of ppp objects?

	cheers,

		Rolf