[R-sig-Geo] reading AML scripts in R

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 02:09:17 CEST 2010

Alejandro, reading, yes, but interpreting (which is how I understand
your question), no. Translating the flow of AML to R would be easy,
although you would probably want to do things differently in R (fewer
loops). Another matter is whether R has functions equivalent to those
of ArcInfo. Certainly not all of them, but I think that the functions
in the 'raster' package are roughly equivalent to those in the ArcInfo
'grid' module. Robert