[R-sig-Geo] gwt2nb - regions with zero links

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Oct 17 22:13:41 CEST 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Dennis Guignet wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> My end goal is to run a spatial lag model, where the weight matrix will
> be nonsymmetric and contain observations with zero neighbors.  I am
> having some difficulties in creating the neighbor list in R.  Any advice
> or pointers on where to find more information would be greatly
> appreciated.

Maybe try some other format, such as the MATLAB-style sparse matrix in
read.dat2listw(). However then you cannot use your codes, just the
sequence 1:n. If this doesn't help, put the file(s) on a website and post
the link - debugging without the input data is hard. I can't follow how a
region with only zero links has non-zero links (below).

Roger