[R-sig-Geo] DBF file size

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 14 18:02:53 CEST 2010

Oh right I was thinking about max number of characters in a text field.
It's possibly that the limit is based on the maximum number of bytes
that can be used to hold one record. So the number of Columns would vary
with how much data is actually in them.
http://www.dbase.com/KnowledgeBase/int/db7_file_fmt.htm

Might be worthwhile to ask the creator of your Groundwater app if it's
possible to use other formats.

Also check on the R-sig-db email list, maybe there's a compile time
option to tweak the max columns on write.dbf

Alex