[R-sig-Geo] UTM problem

Werner W. pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 13 17:14:42 CEST 2010

Many thanks for your replies Ageel and Sarah!
I still have no clue what to do with the data to make it usable.
The northings are in the range of 26237 to 38149 which seem to make sense but
the eastings are in the range of 3252446 to 3264111 and these don't seem to be
in Uganda.
If I use one of these converters, I even get an error message that this data is
not within a given range.
http://geographiclib.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/GeoConvert?input=29437+3254314&zone=36&prec=0&option=Submit

It is really weird.

Thanks,