[R-sig-Geo] Random Movement Generator

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Sat Oct 2 06:19:09 CEST 2010

Hi Roberto,

Did you have a look at the package adehabitat, and especially the simm.*
functions (Brownian bridge motion, Bivariate Brownian Motion, Correlated
Random Walk, Levy Walk, Arithmetic Brownian Motion, Bivariate
Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Process)? This might be particularly helpful.

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.

Le 01/10/2010 15:42, Roberto Badilla Fuentes a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a functionality in R that allows for the creation of random path or
> trajectory?  Probably Brownian Motion can help but I'd like to output the
> data points and be able to have the points separated, say every 30 minutes.
>

> I also tried BM{sde}.  Is there a way plot the points generated?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roberto
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.