[R-sig-Geo] R solution for distance sampling

Breitbach, Nils breitbach at uni-mainz.de
Mon Nov 29 15:09:14 CET 2010

Dear community,

in the near future I plan to use distance sampling methods. From a first literature survey I came accross the software DISTANCE. Since this software somehow communicates with R, my question is now: What package or function in R comes close to the mentioned software? Maybe there is something from the same group of authors or even something better? I should mention that the target taxonomic group are birds.

Thank you very much ...
Cheers,

Nils