[R-sig-Geo] gridded time series analysis

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 05:15:42 CET 2010

Martin,

I think the problem is whith the lm function that returns an error
rather than NA:

> a <- rep(NA,10)
> lm(a~a)
Error in lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
  0 (non-NA) cases

#rather than something like this:
> fun=function(x) { lm(x[1]~x[2])$coefficients[2] }
> fun(c(NA,NA))
Error in lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
  0 (non-NA) cases

#you could catch this in your function and do something like:

> fun=function(x) { if (is.na(x[1])){ NA } else { lm(x[1]~x[2])$coefficients[2] }}
> fun(c(NA,NA))
[1] NA

and then:

calc(s, fun=fun)

lm and relatives have an na.action argument but I do not think that
can come to the rescue here.

Roberrt