[R-sig-Geo] get() in raster ?

Matthew Landis landis at isciences.com
Fri Nov 19 20:31:28 CET 2010

On 11/19/2010 2:24 PM, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Even not having loaded raster, it gets automatically loaded once I
> call get(). Is this a bug?

Agus, that doesn't occur for me.  Here's what happens on my machine (and
I do have raster installed, but not loaded).   Note the difference in
behavior between get(v) and get('v') .

 > v = c("r1","r2","r3")
[1] "r1" "r2" "r3"
 > get(v)
Error in get(v) : object 'r1' not found
 > get('v')
[1] "r1" "r2" "r3"
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
x86_64-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.11.1

--