[R-sig-Geo] Anyone attempted to "animate" multi-layered rasters?

Kevin Ummel kevinummel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 12:58:42 CET 2010

Hello,

I came across the 'animate' package, and I'm wondering if anyone has successfully adapted it to create animations of multi-layered spatial data.

This seems like a logical advance of R's spatial data visualization, especially given the prominence of NetCDF and HDR file types, but I don't want to replicate if someone else already has a function in working order...

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Ummel
Senior Visiting Associate, Center for Global Development
MESPOM Candidate, University of Manchester