[R-sig-Geo] Reassigning coordinates?

Brian Oney zenlines at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:00:01 CET 2010

Hello List,
I need to reassign coordinates of a few points to have coordinates of
the nearest raster cell. I KNOW that this is BAD practice but for the
time being I  assume that it does not affect my analysis (species
distribution analysis). I think the datum of the point data is different
than that of my raster data, but for now it is not important.

I have already perused the "sp" and "raster" packages extensively.
I guess I just need to be pointed in the right (WRONG) direction. I had
a few thoughts with the distance function but I am now stuck. Maybe use
"distance" then "which.min" then take the coordinates?

Best Regards,
Brian