[R-sig-Geo] BYM Model Problem

Virgilio Gomez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uclm.es
Mon May 31 20:20:33 CEST 2010

Dear Peter,

> I am working through the examples in Applied Spatial Data Analysis with
> R using my own data.
>
> When I attempt to run the Besage-York-Mollie model in Chapter 11, I get
> an index out of range error in WinBugs.
>
> How should I go about finding where the problem is?

PLease, could you provide more information? In particular, are you
trying to reproduce the example in the book or adapting it to your own
data set? In that case, could you provide the code and data that you are
using (in a private e-mail, if you prefer)?

The error usually happens when there is some mismatch between the index
in the loop exceeds some vector size(i.e., looping over 20 areas when
there are just 15).

Best,

Virgilio