[R-sig-Geo] from R to ArcMap

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Mon May 31 10:03:54 CEST 2010

On 05/28/2010 10:58 AM, Rui Catarino wrote:
> Hello to all,
>

> Is there a way of transforming an output of levelplot function in a
> ArcMap raster?
>
> Basically I have a script from a colleague that uses data from surveys
> and transforms it into smooth levelplot's.
>
> I have look around but all I get is the opposite from ArcMap raster to
> R.

Hi Rui,

If you have your data in the following format in a data.frame (which you
do not specify):

x    y    z
1    1    3.42
1    2    4.51

You can transfer this to a SpatialPixelsDataFrame by:

coordinates(bla) = ~x+y

assuming your data.frame is named bla. See the documentation of the
sp-package for more information. After this conversion you can export
the data to any GIS raster format that your installation of rgdal supports.

cheers,
Paul

> Thanks in advance
>
> Rui
>

> Rui Catarino
>
> Scientific Officer
>
> Fishery Systems Group
>
> Marine Scotland - Science
>

> Scottish Government | 36 |B |Marine Laboratory, PO Box 101| 375,
> Victoria Road | Aberdeen AB11 9DB
>

> Tel:  +44 (0)1224 295572
>
> Mob:+44 (0)7530 240666
>
> Fax: +44 (0)1224 295511