[R-sig-Geo] testing significance of temporal K function

George Kikuchi georgekick at gmail.com
Sat May 29 13:04:21 CEST 2010

Hello R-sig-Geo subscribers,

I would like to know if there is an easy way to test the statistical
significance of temporal K function (ideally using the results from
splancs stkhat function).  I assume this is an easy problem.  There
seems to be many textbooks and websites explaining spatial K function,
while not so many about temporal K function.
I really appreciate if anybody can tell me ways to test the
significance of temporal K function (with R codes), as well as guides
to interpret the results..

library(splancs)
data(burkitt)
bur1 <- stkhat(burpts, burkitt$t, burbdy, c(400, 5800), seq(1,40,2),
seq(100, 1500, 100))
oldpar <- par(mfrow=c(2,1))
plot(bur1$s, bur1$ks, type="l", xlab="distance", ylab="Estimated K",
main="spatial K function")
plot(bur1$t, bur1$kt, type="l", xlab="time", ylab="Estimated K",
main="temporal K function")
par(oldpar)

Thanks in advance,

George