[R-sig-Geo] Creating non-overlapping polygons from centroid with known size

Jens Oldeland oldeland at gmx.de
Sun May 23 19:25:46 CEST 2010

Dear group,

I am looking for a method that allows me to creating non-overlapping
polygons from centroids with a known size. I have information on the
location of farms in Azerbaijan. All farms have a specific size, but I
don´t know the exact borderlines of those farms. Now, I have to create a
polygon layer that has polygons with the specific farmsize for each
polygon, and the polygons of the farms should not overlap. However, I do
not have a good idea how to do that.

I would be grateful for any hints or suggestions!

regards,
Jens