[R-sig-Geo] projection

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue May 18 16:57:24 CEST 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Heuvelink, Gerard wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I hope someone can help me with the following.
>
> I have an SRTM DEM of Turkey in the "ED 1950 Lambert Conformal Conic"
> projection system.

See: http://www.asprs.org/resources/GRIDS/, September 2006. The third page
gives the ED50 to ETRS89 seven-parameter values for the +towgs84=
component. What you do not have to set up a +proj=lcc ... is the +lat_0=,
+lon_0=, and so on. Without those, you have no chance of success. Obtain
then from your data source. They must be assumed to have known what they
were doing, as the input SRTM were not projected.

Roger