[R-sig-Geo] properly using function aggregate(raster)

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Mon May 17 19:50:37 CEST 2010

Dear Guillaume,

This probably happened because the aggregate function tests if the
output raster can be stored in memory. This is a mistake as it should
do the test for the input raster (which is, in this case, 16 times
larger). I have just fixed that. For now, you can use this (otherwise
*not* recommended (or necessary), as it slows things down) option, to
force processing the file in chunks :

setOptions(todisk=TRUE)
wam<-aggregate(wam, fact=4, fun=mean, expand=FALSE,
filename="wam_ag4", progress='tcltk')
setOptions(todisk=FALSE)

Robert