[R-sig-Geo] writeOGR to GPX file: empty table

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:23:35 CEST 2010

Sorry about not having read the doc, I'm probably too used to import shape
files
with readOGR() and did not realize that GPX files would have different
options.

test <-
readOGR(dsn="/media/TRANSCEND/MONTSENY2008/MONTSENY_GEODATA/FloraExotica2009/AilantMSY09R.gpx",layer="waypoints")

works fine and the table is correct. I think that
dataset_options="GPX_USE_EXTENSIONS=YES"
at writing did the job.

So no problem at all with writing/reading GPX files in R through rgdal
I would add a line to the help page reminding the user that coordinates must
be geographic in GPX
files (thus the user must eventually unproject before writeOGR() ).

Thanks!

Agus