[R-sig-Geo] spatial count regression model

Alok K Bohara, PhD bohara at unm.edu
Fri May 14 16:10:29 CEST 2010

Dear all:

Do you know of any R package that can to do spatial regression poisson
or spatial regression NB model (not using the filtering) by taking into
account the spatial correlation --neighborhood effect.  I am looking for
something that can do e.g., CAR type models.  I used spatcounts to do a
spatial poisson but the spatial correlation (gamma and psi) both turned
out to be 0, showing that there is no spatial effect (I think).  Yet, I
know there is a strong spatial effect in  my data.   I just have a one
set of count data on 800 cells with co-variates (30 % with 0) --that is,
no repeated counts for each cells.   Thanks.

Best,
Alok Bohara

--
Alok K. Bohara, Ph.D.