[R-sig-Geo] anistropy with residuals from KED

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Mar 29 15:23:11 CEST 2010

In general, the hope (and expectation) is that detrended residuals carry
less information in the sense of less structure than the raw data. The
rate with which this happens varies. I don't see any reasons why
detrending would "typically" lead to isotropic residuals; it could be
that the author has experienced this effect a number of times. You might
want to contact him; I believe he listens on the ai-geostats mailing list.