[R-sig-Geo] intamapInteractive and unmet spcosa dependency

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sat Mar 20 00:35:57 CET 2010

Mark Connolly wrote:
> Moving to the latest version of R did the trick.
>
> The intamap suite looks very interesting.  I gave it a little exercise
> on the website interpolating with copulas.  Out of my ignorance, this
> seems to be a shift away from kriging?

Kriging as of linear kriging, yes; indicator and disjunctive kriging
however have long tried similar things that now copulas seem to cope
with much better. An nice feature is that dependency can be dependent on
where we are in the distribution; I believe however that the copulas
implemented in intamap (Gaussian, chi-sq) do not provide this.

I'm interested in hearing your experience!