[R-sig-Geo] Null Distances in Neighbour Matrix

sylvain willart sylvain.willart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:37:34 CET 2010

Hello,

I am new to this list as I just begin to work on spatial data...

I mostly use spdep (and lme for the variogram) but I recently came
across a problem I don't know how to deal with,

The project I'm working on is a study on the localization of
physicians in a metropolitan area. I have the adress of each of them
that I coded in Long/Lat.
However, some of them are grouped in the same practice, sharing the
same adress, and hence the same Long/Lat.
This causes a "null distance" error when I try to compute a neighbour
matrix and a variogram.

any clue ?

thanks in advance,

sylvain