[R-sig-Geo] Geocode for Bogota

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 10 00:53:54 CET 2010

Hi Juan,

I don't know a way to do this in R. Outside of R you need both data
(such as a road network file with address ranges, address centroids, or
a land parcel layer) and software (a postal address geocoder). My guess
is that you will likely find it easiest to use one of the online mapping
sites (like Google maps) and script based geocoder software. To that
end, you might want to look at geopy: www.geopy.org.

Dan

--
Dan Putler