[R-sig-Geo] rgdal and grass rasters

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 2 03:45:00 CET 2010

As far as sample code goes, simply getting
grass_to_raster=raster("somegrassfile") is my goal -- my understanding
is anything rgdal can read, raster can read.  Running your command I
do get:

GRASS (ro): GRASS Database Rasters (5.7+)

But with rgdal:

require(rgdal)
gdaldrivers=getGDALDriverNames()
gdaldrivers$create[gdaldrivers$name=="GRASS"]
[1] FALSE
gdaldrivers$copy[gdaldrivers$name=="GRASS"]
[1] FALSE
gdaldrivers$create[gdaldrivers$name=="GTiff"]
[1] TRUE
gdaldrivers$copy[gdaldrivers$name=="GTiff"]
[1] TRUE

Am I perhaps missing an rgdal installation flag that is required to
enable GRASS rasters?

--j