[R-sig-Geo] Moran I for generalized linear model

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jun 17 16:48:56 CEST 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, elaine kuo wrote:

> This is Elaine.
>>
>> I am try the R package spdep to calculate Moran I for each of the 7
>> generalized linear
>> models generated by 3 predictors respectively.

There is no accepted authority for any test for the residuals of a glm()
fit for spatial autocorrelation (a paper in Geographical Analysis is not
adequate authority - one in Biometrika or Statistics in Medicine might
be). Because a glm object is also an lm object, you may - at your own risk
- use lm.morantest() as if the fitted model was an lm object. Since it is
very hard to simulate correlated multivariate counts, we have no idea
whether this test behaves as it should.

Hope this helps,

Roger