[R-sig-Geo] Import .gz-File

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jun 14 21:15:26 CEST 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Kenneth Takagi wrote:

> Rosi,
> I forgot to add that you need to install package "GEOquery" first to access
> gunzip function.

And a little but important detail - this is not a CRAN package but a
BioConductor one:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.6/bioc/html/GEOquery.html

so will further require Biobase and RCurl. The GEO here means "Gene
Expression Omnibus", rather than what one might expect.

Depending on your platform, you may also be able to use system() to call a
freestanding archive program of your choice to decompress the *.gz file.
This may be as easy as installing BioConductor packages, if you haven't
done that before.

Roger