[R-sig-Geo] Import .gz-File

Kenneth Takagi katakagi at bu.edu
Mon Jun 14 18:30:51 CEST 2010

Rosi,

Try this:
#unzip "temp.gz" files and save file as "temp.txt":
   gunzip(filename = "temp.gz", remove = T, overwrite = T, destname =
"temp.txt")
#now read in "temp.txt" as SpatialGridDataFrame
   SGDF = read.asciigrid("temp1.txt", proj4string = CRS("+init=epsg:4322"))

This assumes that "temp.txt" is a ascii grid file.
HTH,
Ken