[R-sig-Geo] Spatial data interpolation on R

Thiago Veloso thi_veloso at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jun 4 20:43:51 CEST 2010

  Dear all,
  Thank you very much for those who read and tried to help. However, I'm really a begginer on R and especially geostatistics. I'm trying to follow "gstat" package's guide, but I'm facing some trouble when trying to reproduce the commands created for the meuse dataset with my own dataset.
  I wonder if anybody could just help me in this task. In order to better illustrate my problem, I am attaching a figure which shows my spatial domain. The greater contour is Rio Grande do Sul, Brazilian southernmost state. The highlighted region in its interior represents the largest soybean producer area (my area of study). The finer grid are satellite precipitation values and the red dots are the
 station.
 I'm also attaching the two files that contains the gauge and cmorph (satellite) data I mentioned (both files in ascii format). As you can note, I've already organized them in the following structure:
LON                             LAT                             precipitation record
  Satellite data spatial ranges from longitude -55.6951 to -50.0929 and latitude -29.6907 to -27.1437, with increments ("grid size") of 8km (0.072°, as you can note in the file). Station data varies from longitude -55.2670 to -50.0660 and latitude -29.2680 to -27.1920, disposed randomly.
  Thus, all I need is to interpolate the station values into the same grid of cmorph (satellite) in order to perform a proper comparison between these two sources. Quite challenging problem, huh?
  Could you help me to do this using gstat on R?? Please let me know if I have skipped any
 detail...
  Best wishes,
  Thiago