[R-sig-Geo] help unzipping tiff files compressed with gzip

Alexandre VILLERS alexandre.villers at cebc.cnrs.fr
Fri Jun 4 14:40:16 CEST 2010

Good afternoon,

I know this not the most appropriate place to post this message but I
hope that some of you have already been confronted to the same problem.
I have a lot of NDVI tiff files that have been compressed with gzip
(filename such as 81jul15a.n07-VIg_data.tif.gz ) and that I need to
geoprocess with R. I would like to unzip the tif from within R but was
not able to properly understand how to connect to the gz file and unzip
it with this with function gzfile.
Anybody with some lines of codes hanging that would save my afternoon
(and help me understand how the connection works) ?

Best regards and thanks for any help.

Alex

--
Alexandre Villers