[R-sig-Geo] Back transforming kriging predictions and prediction errors (family box-cox)

Kerry Ritter kerryr at sccwrp.org
Thu Jul 29 22:15:14 CEST 2010

Hi All. I am applying both a log10 transformation as
well as arcsine(sqrt) to my data to make the data more consistent with
normality. I believe these are both members of the box-cox family.  I would like to make countour maps of both kriging predictions and kriging prediction errors on the original scale. How do I back transform to get values on the original scale to make the maps?  If there an R function that does the back transforming for me all the better.
Thanks,
Kerry

--
Kerry Ritter, Ph.D.