[R-sig-Geo] Parallel or 64-bit PC with a big RAM? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:59:53 CEST 2010

Hi Jin,

The model fitting problem would seem small enough for most computers
and methods. You could do the model prediction with the 'raster'
package that was designed to be able to handle very large datasets.
See ?raster::predict and raster::interpolate. Perhaps also consult the
'sdm' vignette for the 'dismo' package on R-Forge; it has examples (in
a species distribution modeling context) for the same methods you
mention.

Best, Robert