[R-sig-Geo] WKT to sp objects

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:06:51 CEST 2010

I've actually just started playing around with rgeos, and it looks
like it will do what I need. I'll try to push it a bit more this week.
The reason I was looking for an all R solution was that the code would
be running on a server somewhere that I won't have access to, and at
this stage the server doesn't have rgeos installed (and the admins
probably won't want to install it for little ol' me either). In the
mean time, I'll fiddle about and see what I can come up with until I
can convince them to install rgeos.

Carson