[R-sig-Geo] Maptools, polylines to polygon and the .dwg format

Nikhil Kaza nikhil.list at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:21:33 CEST 2010

I am not sure I understand. I havent worked with Dwg in a long time,
but my sense is they are just geometric boundary files. There is no
`data' attached to them.

Two options.
1. convert dwg to shapefile and do a spatial join. IF the dwg file is
points, this what you should do.
2. if the dwg files are essentially boundaries of polygons in the
shapefile, create a new table with ID of the polygon and count of
diseases and then do a join with merge.

Nikhil Kaza
Asst. Professor,
City and Regional Planning