[R-sig-Geo] NDVI time-series filter

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Sat Jan 30 10:29:19 CET 2010

Dear Jonathan,

Interesting topic. Please send us also your code example and if possible part of your dataset (I assume it is a SpatialGridDataFrame?).

Operations on lists can be speed up by using lapply and by implementing your own functions, consider also running Rprof to check which operation is using the most time (read more in "R inferno" or e.g. here: http://manuals.bioinformatics.ucr.edu/home/programming-in-r#Progr_noloops), eventually if the operation is so complex, you simply cannot anticipate to have the results within few minutes (except if you try using super or grid computing; see http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/HighPerformanceComputing.html).

HTH,

T. Hengl
http://home.medewerker.uva.nl/t.hengl/