[R-sig-Geo] kriging as fish swim, not as crows fly

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:29:15 CET 2010

Not kriging as such, but check out the soap-film smoothing in package mgcv:

http://www.maths.bath.ac.uk/~sw283/simon/papers/soap.pdf

FWIW, there are binning methods with MCMC in the package
tripEstimation that have similar features, but they are particularly
focussed on individual track estimation and probably not easily
applied. Is location uncertainty a big issue for your data? What are
the input locations?

Cheers, Mike.