[R-sig-Geo] rgdal 64bit Windows version?

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:25:43 CET 2010

I suspect you'll need to build GDAL for yourself and then build rgdal
on top of that, since rgdal depends upon a pre-installation of GDAL.
The gdal-dev list is the appropriate place for discussing the first
step.

Colleagues have succesfully built 64-bit Windows GDAL from the 1.6.0
release using extra binaries (HDF4/5, NetCDF, etc.) from here:
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/Default.aspx

There are notes on build rgdal for Windows here, but I've not done it
myself for a while:

file.show(system.file("README.windows", package="rgdal"))

I am keen to try this for myself, but it will not be for a while yet.

Best regards,
Mike