[R-sig-Geo] Raster Sample Data

Michele Tobias tobias.michele at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 05:16:14 CET 2010

I'm looking for some raster data to use to with the Raster package (it's
for students to work with in a class) and I was wondering if anyone had
some suggestions of any sample datasets that come with other R
packages.  I've found the Meuse.grid data that comes with the SP Package
which is a good start, but I'd also like to find some other data.
Vegetation reflectance data would be ideal so we can do some NDVI
calculations, but anything we can logically run some mathematical
operations on would work.  It would also be good if the files were of a
relatively small size.  Downloading full Landsat scenes, for example,
will be pretty cumbersome.

Thanks for your help!

best,
Michele