[R-sig-Geo] Helping with write a function. Merging shape files?

Zia Ahmed zua3 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 21 02:56:37 CET 2010

Thank you so much Matt. I will try this code with my data. I like to
merge  all shape files of a county  (SSURGO polygons) and want to
create a single shape file for a state. I did it before for 15  states
of NE-region of USA. I used ArcGIS. I do not like to work with ArcGIS.
I now it is not possible to do this kind of analysis in R under Windows
O/S due  to memory issue. Once I able to run this code correctly, then I
will  try this code in my new linux system (32 GB memory )

Thanks again

Zia