[R-sig-Geo] status of gpclib licence

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Wed Jan 20 06:14:49 CET 2010

Hi,
Thank you for contacting the license holders. Nice to get this
resolved definitively, though shame that they are not willing to open
the license. The good news is that on Rogers good advice I took a
look at ggl and it seems to be very nice. geos looks nice too, but
ggl is more generic and could be used to do clipping in higher
dimensions, cool. If I can get some minimal examples working with ggl
I will be sure and post.

Nicholas