[R-sig-Geo] One-to-many table relationship to shapefile polygon in spplot / plot - possible?

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:16:43 CET 2010

Hi,

I have problem transposing my database table which is to be merged /
joined with the shapefile file (*.dbf) inorder to have one-to-one
relationship with shapefile polygon. As we know that inorder for the
polygon to be rendered in GIS, it has to have one-to-ope relationship.

One to many table:

Poly_ID Period Age
01           1       32
01           2       34
02           1       30
03           2       21

One to one table

Poly_ID Period1 Period2 Period3
01            32           34
02             30
03                           21
04                                    35

Now,  is it possible to use one-to-many table for mapping using spplot / plot?

The result data I am trying to map using spplot has 1 to 70 years
periods. I want to produce maps per period, for 10 years or more for
forest management regimes in forest stand.

Any alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Noli