[R-sig-Geo] generate simulation data for a theoretical spatial model

Christoph Hofer christoph.hofer at env.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 4 08:55:33 CET 2010

rusers.sh,

You can simulate stationary and isotropic Gaussian random fields ( and transformation of it)  as well as max-stable random fields
by using the RandomFields package.
To get a conditional simulation of the correlated residuals of a linear model
you can first simulate an unconditional realization (\mu = 0 and a given covariance structure),
 then choose the data location and make a simple kriging prediction of this realization.
Now, take the difference between the unconditional simulation and the simple kriging prediction and you
get one realization of a simulated conditional error term. Now, if you add this term to  a kriging estimation
you get one conditional simulation.

You find a detail descripitoin of this procedure called "Conditioning by kriging" in the book
Geostatistics: Modeling Spatial Uncertainty ( 1999) of Chilès, J.-P. and Delfiner, P

Sorry, for my bad english (I'm working on it).

Christoph