[R-sig-Geo] Installation of rgdal from CRAN on MACOSX does not work

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Dec 30 15:59:38 CET 2010

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> Roger,
>
> But
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/files/software/frameworks/rgdal-0.6.29-1.zip
> installs with no problems on the same machine and on the same R, would that not
> discard the possibility of an
>> issue of your R installation,
>> possibly a multi-architecture issue
>
> as you suggest?
>
> Please note I'm not personally in a hurry any more as we can work with
> the rgdal from kyngchaos.

I will have access to an OSX laptop in a little over a week, and will try
out the CRAN rgdal binaries. Just one report of installation failure isn't
enough. I think that maybe someone on R-sig-mac might know why rgdal.so is
looking for libR.dylib; I don't use OSX, and don't have easy access to
such a machine, which is why I asked for others to comment.

Roger