[R-sig-Geo] MACOSX: rgdal cannot find GDAL

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 10:28:27 CET 2010

Ralf,

Setting the path as you indicate solves the problem of running gdalinfo:
imac-de-agustin-lobo:~ agustinlobo$ export
PATH=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs:$PATH
imac-de-agustin-lobo:~ agustinlobo$ echo
$PATH/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
imac-de-agustin-lobo:~ agustinlobo$ gdalinfo --version
GDAL 1.7.3, released 2010/11/10

Therefore we can close this thread on installing GDAL and rgdal on
MACOSX from the kyngchaos server!
I'll be sending the link with directions for dummies shortly

Thank you all

Agus