[R-sig-Geo] Help with rgdal on MACOS

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 08:36:35 CET 2010

Actually, more alternatives:

3. Suggested by Ralf Strasse:
Install Xcode tools from Apple (is recommended anyway for many
applications). This will install several compilers.Afterwards
installing from source should work fine.
http://developer.apple.com/technologies/tools/xcode.html
And also select on CRAN under Mac OS X installation "Tools" and
installe gfortran (and the other two - you may need them another
time).
install.packages("rgdal",
configure.args='--with-gdal-config=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.Framework/Unix/bin/gdal-config
--with-proj-include=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/include-with-proj-lib=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/lib/',dependencies=TRUE,
type="source")

4. Downloading binary from kyngchaos
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks?s[]=rgdal
and installing with
install.packages("~/Downloads/rgdal-0.6.29-1.zip")
(I'm guessing the directory, is this the downloading directory by
default in Macs?)

Any advice on which one is the best alternative?

Thanks

Agus