[R-sig-Geo] spatial clusters

dorina.lazar dorina.lazar at econ.ubbcluj.ro
Wed Dec 22 11:01:27 CET 2010

Dear Roger,

Thanks, your suggestions was helpful. I think I exaggerated the questions,
but for all countries:  “Error in mstree(le, 5): Graph is not
connected!”; taking only some samples of countries the graph is
connected. There is something to be done in this case?

All the best,
Dorina

exchange<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/Guam-island-map-td4969467.html#a4972725>and

>>> I don't think that we know which countries Dorina needs, or at which
>>> administrative level. If there are only 30 country observations, and
the

>>> countries are not contiguous, then the whole exercise seems
unnecessary.

>>> Can Dorina use the simplified world map in the maptools package:
>>>
>>> library(maptools)
>>> ?wrld_simpl
>>>
>>> adding the data using the ISO country names? If these are countries at
>>> some administrative division level, then maybe www.gadm.org will have
>> what
>>> is needed, but the countries will have to be joined together, or the
>> whole
>>> map subsetted. If these are say EU NUTS2 regions, then use can be made
>> of
>>> GISCO shapefiles from Eurostat. But we don't know what boundaries are
>>> needed, and of course to use Skater for clustering, you need the
>>> boundaries.
>>>
>>> Roger

GIS

http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/eea-reference-grids/zipped-shape-file-finland